Saturday, September 10, 2011

Avocado Mango Salsa

I consider myself a picky salsa eater. I don't like it too chunky because it always seems like you get one piece of tomato on your chip. I don't like it too spicy because I am a total spice whimp. But when I saw this recipe, even though it was a chunky salsa, I decided to try it anyway because it has two of my favorite things in it...avocados and mangos. And I tried to cut everything as small as possible without cutting my fingers to avoid to major chunkiness. It turned out to be one of my favorite salsas. I am seriously considering making this every week for football games. My only critique with this recipe is I felt it could have used maybe a 1/2 or even 1 more whole avocado. The next time I make this I will definitely add more...can never have too much avocado.



1 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
4 medium tomatoes, diced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1/2 c. chopped fresh cilantro
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4 c. chopped red onion
3 Tbsp. olive oil

1. In a medium bowl, combine the mango, avocado, tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, and garlic.


 2. Stir in the salt, lime juice, red onion, and olive oil. 


3. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.  
4. Stuff face! 


Original Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment