4 strips bacon, sliced crosswise into small pieces
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Several dashes hot sauce
1/4 c. apple-cider vinegar
1 pounds collard greens, stems removed, cut into large pieces
1 c. water
1. Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Cook the bacon in the skillet until it just begins to brown around the edges, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, sugar and hot sauce. Cook until the garlic becomes fragrant, about a minute.
3. Add the vinegar, bring to a simmer, and cook until the amount of liquid is reduced by half, stirring and scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
4. Add the collard greens and water and bring to a simmer. Reduce the temp to medium-low.
5. Cook, stirring occasionally so the greens don't burn, until the collard greens have wilted and have lost their brightness.
6. Stuff face!
Might also enjoy: