Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mama's Simple Green Beans

My mom has been making me these green beans for as long as I can remember. These recipe is my Grandma's and I can remember her sitting on the couch when I was 5 years old for hours it seemed prepping green beans. Hope everyone enjoys these.


1 lb. of green beans
3-4 Tbsp. salted butter
2-3 stripped of raw bacon

1. With a sharp knife, cut the tips off the both ends of the bean.



2. Break the bean in half.

 


3. Pull the excess strings off of the bean.


4. Wash all the beans and they are ready to cook.


5. Place beans in a pot with just enough water to cover the beans with the butter and chopped up bacon.


6. Bring water to a simmer, cover, and cook till they just on a verge of not being crunchy (roughly an hour).
7. Stuff face!!


Might also enjoy:
Artichokes
Homemade Raspberry Vinegar
Avocado Mango Salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment