5 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. flour
1 bunch of broccoli
1 small sweet onion
1 qt. chicken broth
0.5 c. heavy cream
salt and pepper
1. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add flour. Cook for 3 minutes, mix until smooth. Set aside until cool.
2. Cut the stem off and chop broccoli until 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Finely chop the onion.
4. In a large sauce pan, saute 3 tablespoons of butter and onions until tender.
5. Stir in broccoli and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Stir in broth and bring to a simmer.
7. Stir in flour butter mixture into broccoli mixture and mix until smooth.
8. Cover and let simmer for about 30 minutes (or until broccoli is tender).
9. Let cool slightly and transfer to blender. Puree.
10. Return to pan and mix in cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
11. Stuff face!
This recipe was shared with:
Might also enjoy:
(Greek Lemon Soup)
|Enchilada Stuffed Shells|