Friday, January 6, 2012

Garlic Ginger Dressing

One of my favorite meals, is also what I consider one of my "lazy" meals. On those days that are a little busy and I do not feel like cooking, this is an easy throw together dinner. Grabbing whatever salad is on sale and a freshly cooked rotisserie chicken, I cut up the chicken and toss it on top of the salad, and Tada! A simple dinner. I am a huge fan of ranch dressing which is typically what I use, but it is nice to mix things up a bit. My boyfriend made this dressing for our "lazy" salad and it was amazing. I always worry that homemade dressings will have no flavor, but not this one. The ginger and garlic is strong but not overwhelming and tastes great with the chicken. I think I have a new favorite dressing. :D



3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger root
3/4 c. olive oil
1/3 c. rice vinegar
1/2 c. soy sauce
3 Tbsp. orange blossom honey
1/4 c. water

1. In a 1 pint glass jar, combine all ingredients. 
2. Cover the jar with a tight fitting lid, and shake well. 
3. Remove lid, and heat jar in the microwave for 1 minute just to dissolve the honey. 
4. Let cool, and shake well before serving. Store covered in the refrigerator. 
5. Put on something delicious and stuff face!

Original Recipe 

Might also enjoy:
Liquid Fire Habanero Hot Sauce
Cheater Pumpkin Muffins
Taco Seasoning

No comments:

Post a Comment