Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pomegranate Vanilla Sangria

I was introduced to Sangria for the first time just this past year. And considering I am not much of wine drinker, I really liked it. I had some left over fruit and wine, so I decided to try my hand at it. Not too hard to make, and it tasted great!

 

1 large navel orange, sliced
1 large apple, chopped
1 large pear, chopped
the arils of 1 pomegranate
2 cinnamon sticks
1 1/2  to 2 bottles of red wine (I used a pinot)
1.5 c. pomegranate juice
1/2 c. ginger ale
1/2 cup vanilla rum
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

1. Add orange slices, apples, pears, cinnamon sticks and pomegranate arils to the bottom of a big pitcher.


2. Pour wine, pomegranate juice, ginger ale, rum, sugar and vanilla extract over top. Stir.
3. Place in the fridge for about 1 hour before serving. Add more sugar if you want it sweeter.
4. Spoon some of the fruit into glasses before pouring, then add ice and sangria on top.
5. Can't really say my usual "stuff face" here...so...Pour down throat!


Original Recipe

Might also enjoy:
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Enchilada Stuffed Shells
Italian Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment