Here's is a clip from the episode showing how Yoder's makes their Peanut Butter Cream Pie. Since it is an Amish restaurant, they pride themselves on using simple recipes with fresh ingredients.
For the pie crust, not going to lie, we were feeling a bit lazy and used a store bought graham cracker pie crust. But I think the crust from S'mores Brownies would also be fantastic.
graham cracker pie crust
3.9 oz. box chocolate pudding
1 c. peanut butter
~1 - 2 c. powdered sugar
1 c. heavy cream
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Make chocolate pudding by following the instructions provided on the box. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix peanut butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar with an electric mixer.
3. Continue to add powdered sugar until peanut crumbles start to form. They should on the dry enough so they do not stick together.
4. Whip cream until almost stiff.
5. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until cream holds peaks.
6. Put 1/3 of peanut butter crumble in the pie crust.
7. Add chocolate pudding.
8. Cover the pudding with more peanut butter crumble. Leave a little crumble for the top of the pie.
9. Add whipped cream to the top of the pie.
10. Top the pie with the remaining crumble.
11. Refridgerate for 30 minutes.
12. Stuff face!
Might also enjoy:
|Sweet Potato Puree|